Location: Wittmund, Germany
Top Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the German Forces. We provide Joint Terminal Attack Controller training to German special operations and ground forces, as well as Combat Support Services to the Air Force and Navy. Top Aces' integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the German Forces receive the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
- Maintain operational safety: assess and mitigate risks to Top Aces equipment, personnel and reputation.
- Maintain ATPL or Commercial Pilot license, medical certification, and COM required currencies.
- 100% compliance with applicable Transport Canada (TC) and/or German Bundeswehr regulations and training rules.
- When Top Aces' aircraft are operated outside the domestic airspace of Germany, pilots may be required to refer to foreign publications and adhere to foreign regulations in order to safely and effectively carry out their mission.
- Conduct operations in accordance with Top Aces COM, AFM and SOPs. Deviations from established procedures should only occur for reasons of safety.
- Professional, polite, proficient combat support in accordance with customer defined requirements.
- Communicate any issues (knowledge, systems, procedures, proficiency, support) that impact your ability to accomplish the above.
- Promptly communicate any incident that results in, or had a high probability of resulting in: damage, injury, significant positive/negative perception by the customer, or media attention.
- Support engagement of other Top Aces employees through positive, proactive leadership on detachment.
- To facilitate appropriate recognition, communicate any exceptional performance by any Top Aces employee.
As tasked by Ops perform role of Detachment Commander (DETCO), to include:
- Proactive coordination prior to det to include participation in pre-det telconf.
- In situ liaison with Customer to define mission requirements / schedule, and manage operational issues.
- Operational control of Top Aces detachment personnel and aircraft.
- Supervise execution of daily flying program.
- Produce sortie reports and daily SitRep, account for and forward fuel receipts.Act as Top Aces OSC during execution of ERP. While flying, assign this responsibility to another individual (should be a pilot or Maint Lead).
SECONDARY DUTY – SUBJECT MATTER / OPERATING LOCATION EXPERTISE
- Identify and establish relationships with key players at operational level or those who define/direct training requirements.
- Maintain appropriate reference material in knowledge store: regulations, procedures, maps, mission data cards, etc.
- Maintain relevance of reference material through, at minimum, an annual review/update to be complete NLT 1 Dec. Any item that could significantly impact Top Aces operations should be immediately forwarded to the Chief Pilot for dissemination in AIF.
- As required, produce Gen book chapter and phase brief amendments.
- Aid in the evolution and delivery of professional development training for all pilots.Provide, at minimum, an annual update briefing for all pilots during ground school.
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Employees are responsible for:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately
Qualifications and Requirements
- TC or FAA or European ATPL or Commercial License and Instrument rating, Valid Cat 1 medical.
- Minimum 2000 hours PIC in fighter aircraft, with minimum 1000 hours PIC multi-role fighter attack aircraft.
- Minimum 3 years operational experience within the last 10 years.
- Experience with LFE, CAS, Precision guided munitions.
- Able to communicate in both German and English.
- Qualified Instructor Pilot, an asset.
- Qualified Fighter Weapons Instructor, an asset.
- A-4 qualified/experience, an asset.
- Have held an operational flying position within the last 2 years.
- Experience in operating Towed Target systems, an asset.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Will be required to work outdoors.
- Will be required to travel.
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity.
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License ''Class B'' for Germany
- Must have or be able to obtain NATO Secret clearance with the German Government.
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.