Job title: Systems and Network Administrator
Work Location: Montreal
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: VP IT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the research, design, planning and coordination of server infrastructure upgrades, enhancements and improvements;
- Participate in operational and business critical projects through scoping, planning, execution, and implementation;
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications;
- Participate in the research, design, planning and coordination of networking infrastructure installation, configuration, upgrades, maintenance;
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and server infrastructure policies, standards and diagrams.
- Superior understanding of Windows Server, VMware;
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft products, Office 365, Exchange;
- Experience with SharePoint, Skype for Business;
- Familiarity with cloud administration, public/private/hybrid (Preferably Azure);
- Excellent technical design and documentation skills;
- An understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS and DHCP;
- Knowledge of systems security and best practices;
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting VOIP systems.
- Experience with routing, switching, firewalls, etc.;
- Windows server installation, configuration, administration;
- Infrastructure support and backup maintenance ;
- VMWare configuration, administration;
- Exchange config, deployment, troubleshooting and admin ;
- Windows desktop support;
- Cloud/Azure services provisioning and administration.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years in a similar role;
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent experience;
- Superior communication skills – both written & verbal;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office);
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices;
- Active Directory Infrastructure DNS, DHCP;
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity;
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values;
- Some affectations could require working beyond regular office hours;
- Position requires Level 2 Clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
Top Aces supports employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.