Learjet Mission Systems Standards & Training Officer (Msn Sys S&T)
Location: Montreal, QC or Ottawa, ON
Type: Part-Time Permanent
Top Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Top Aces' integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Mission Systems S&T Officer shall report to the Chief Pilot and be responsible for standards and training oversight of rear cabin crew on the Learjet aircraft. They will also be responsible to the CATS PM for the development and delivery of mission systems operator training for both Top Aces Target Tow Operators and 414 Squadron EWOs in all roles required to support CATS Learjet missions involving target towing, electronic warfare and motion imagery (ISR). This will include development and evolution of initial and recurrent training as required for these roles, along with periodic audit of qualifications and standard of operations.
The Msn Sys S&T Officer shall:
- Maintain oversight of Standards & Training for all CATS MEA mission crew for Target Tow, EW & ISR procedures, qualifications and currency
o As required collaborate in the revision of and distribution of related guidance
- Develop, organize and act as Primary Instructor for EWO & TTO training courses.
o Develop and maintain syllabi that are fully compliant with CATS SOW and Top Aces operational needs
o Maintain Lear Mission Systems course training materials
o Liaise with 414 Squadron Standard & Training to ensure DND satisfaction with course content
o Ensure Top Aces and 414 Sqn mission crew are fully aware of and comply with appropriate guidance
- Act as the SME for all things MEA mission equipment related (TT, EW, and/or ISR)
o Assist OPs / DND in mission planning, resolving problems with equipment, etc.
o Maintain awareness of all GFE TT equipment inventory: Targets, Batteries and Equipment.
• Where required, perform required maintenance and upkeep on behalf of DND.
• Ensure Cable / Target quantities at each base are acceptable
• 4 month lead time for cable order and 8 to 11 months for Target orders
o Ensure ground equipment to carry out Mission Equipment maintenance tasks is SERV.
• Tow target trailer, TTO Tool Kits for cable splicing, etc.
- Liaise with DND and Meggitt Representatives for target inventory, ordering, returns and parts replacement
- Fly on a consistent basis to ensure competency and mission reliability
- Promote company safety objectives and ensure that all MEA Mission crew activities adhere to the Company COM, Transport Canada regulations, DND regulations, Top Aces Flight Safety & Occupational Health and Safety programs, Foreign Object Elimination, CGP and security regulations;
- Support Top Aces safety programs and Quality Management System;
- Other related duties may be assigned by Chief Pilot or PM CATS.Responsible for on-time delivery and complete project management from entry to delivery
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.Providing a safe and healthy workplace including the necessary equipment, systems, and tools which are properly maintained
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5 years minimum experience as an EWO or ACSO in a first tier Air Force
- 3 years minimum as an ACSO/EWO Instructor and/or Standards Officer
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office suite (Word/Excel/Power Point) and Sharepoint
- Above average knowledge of RCAF Combat support delivery
- Electronic Warfare (RF jamming and threat emission)
- Target Towing (medium altitude and sea skimming targets)
- ISR (EO/IR sensor integration into battle space)
- Humble and approachable with strong communication skills
- Previous Training or courseware development background, an asset
- Team player with demonstrated interest and capability to help others improve
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and shift work according to flight operations
- Will be required to work outdoors
- Regular travel is required for the position
- International travel may also be required in this role (Valid Passport required)
- Position requires Controlled Goods Clearance and Level 2 Secret Clearance
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.