Business Development Analyst
Location: Montreal, QC or Ottawa, ON
Top Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Top Aces' integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
As a key player within the Top Aces Business Development (BD) team, the Analyst will support business development activities to help achieve annual goals and objectives. The analyst has responsibilities in three areas: Business Development Process, Business Intelligence and Proposal Support. The analyst will:
- Collaborate with other department personnel, engineers, financial analysts and maintainers to develop, support and maintain business development processes;
- Participate in the pursuit of new business capture, including guiding new opportunities through a gated process;
- Manage the BD SharePoint Site including tracking opportunities & assisting team members complete deliverables;
- Manage the competitive intelligence process and meetings. Take minutes and produce summaries, identify areas for further market and competitor research. Maintain SharePoint intelligence repositories, document processes;
- Participate in the Bid process as part of a Bid Team;
- Contribute to specific business development campaigns as assigned;
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the process for the gathering and dissemination of market intelligence and opportunity identification including developing training materials and ISO process generation;
- Employ enterprise software to manage the business development pipeline and internal communication;
- Participate in the planning and presentation of unsolicited proposals and information sessions to potential customers and partners;
- Participate in the promotion of the Top Aces brand and capabilities at key Canadian and International industry forums; and,
- Other reasonable duties the Proposal Manager deems appropriate.
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A university undergraduate degree, with knowledge of Business processes
- An understanding of Air Force Operations
- Experience within a similar business development role
- Aviation and/or defence industry experience an asset
- Strong “Customer First” focus with an emphasis on quality, detail oriented and relationship management
- A familiarity with government tender processes and complex proposals
- A polished professional with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze business models, competition communications and annual reports
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to initiate and foster relationships • A quick study
- Ability to resolve and prioritize issues in a timely manner
- Outgoing personality, displays enthusiasm and passion for their work
- Support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Strong software skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- SharePoint, Desktop Publishing experience an asset
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- The nature of this position will require some travel (domestic and international) - 2-3 weeks per year.
- Position requires Level II Clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.